What are the cancellation and refund policies of Allegiant Airlines?
Allegiant Flights allows easy ticket cancellation in less than 24 hours with no restriction policy. A person is eligible for a full refund of the fare if the flight is canceled or changed within 24 hours of booking the ticket. Under this policy, you can also make changes to your flights within 24 hours of booking and not pay a change fee. Some of the measures applicable to the flexible 24-hour reservation policy are explained below:
- If tickets are booked and purchased directly on the official website “Allegiant.com” or at the airport ticket counter or by calling the Allegiant Customer Service Center
- Within 24 hours, tickets are purchased and reserved with Allegiant Airline.
- A refund of the canceled or changed ticket will be credited to the original form of payment. If the Allegiant Airline gift certificate is used to purchase airfare, the ticket cancellation refund will be credited only in the form of electronic travel certificates.
- If the ticket to be canceled is one of the group tickets, then the terms established in the group contract must be followed.
- When purchasing a ticket if you use electronic certificates then you are not eligible to cancel the ticket for a refund under the Allegiant Airlines 24 Hour Flexible Booking Policy.
- Tickets booked but not yet purchased are not eligible for a refund for flight cancellation and change.
Allegiant Cancellation Policy – Tickets Purchased with Cash or Points
Allegiant Air 24 hour cancellation policy
You can cancel any flight booking within 24 hours and receive a full refund – if you booked your flight at least 7 days before departure. Allegiant’s 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all types of tickets.
Allegiant cancellation policy for standard tickets
If you cancel a standard ticket (not Trip Flex) after 24 hours of purchase:
- You will be charged a reduced cancellation fee of $ 25 (usually $ 75) per passenger per segment until the COVID-19 relaxations persist.
- You will be issued a non-refundable Allegiant Travel Credit, minus the applicable cancellation fee, for the balance due.
Note. If you fail to take a flight on a standard ticket or cancel within 7 days of departure, you will not be issued a travel credit.
Allegiant cancellation policy with Trip Flex
Allegiant Air’s cancellation policy with Trip Flex add-ons allows you to cancel any ticket within 24 hours of purchase without incurring a cancellation fee. After 24 hours, Trip Flex allows you to change the flight date and/or destination once – up to 1 hour before departure – without a cancellation fee (but within certain guidelines). Receive non-refundable credit towards future travel with Allegiant.
Remember, you can only purchase Trip Flex ($ 8-20, depending on route) at the time of booking. You cannot add it later.
Tip – Canceling a ticket without a penalty does not make it non-refundable. If you cancel your flight using the Trip Flex add-on, the credit is non-refundable – it can only be used for future travel with Allegiant.
Allegiant award ticket cancellation policy
Allegiant’s cancellation policy allows you to cancel an award ticket using the same fee structure as tickets purchased with cash.
- If you purchase the Trip Flex add-on with your award ticket, you will not be charged any fees for changing or canceling your award ticket.
- If you buy a standard ticket (not a Trip Flex) and change or cancel it, you will be charged a fee of USD 25 (usually USD 75) per passenger per ticket until the COVID-19 relaxations persist.
- If you buy your ticket with points and change or cancel it, your points will not be credited back to your account, but you will receive a credit for the travel route which you can redeem later.
Allegiant Weather Cancellation Policy
If your flight is canceled or postponed to another day due to inclement weather, you can do one of the following as per Allegiant’s weather cancellation policy:
- Travel on the rescheduled flight.
- Book a flight on a different date with Allegiant without incurring a fee.
- Cancel your ticket and ask for a refund.
You can view all of your options online by selecting the Manage Trips tab on AllegiantAir.com.
Note- If your booking includes a hotel package or car rental, you may need to contact Allegiant customer service for assistance with cancellation.
Allegiant Policy for Canceled Flights
The Allegiant Canceled Flight Policy applies to flights canceled by Allegiant. If your flight has been canceled for any reason, under this policy you have two options:
Change your travel dates for the same cities with no change fee or fare difference
(online via Manage Travel).
Cancel your flight (s) for a refund (online through Manage Trips).
If you do nothing, your itinerary will be automatically canceled within 72 hours and an Allegiant voucher will be issued for the full value of your ticket for future travel or refunds through customer service.
Note- If your booking includes a hotel package or car rental, you may need to contact Allegiant Customer Service.
How to cancel a flight on Allegiant Airlines?
Step 1- Log in to the account used to make a reservation with Allegiant Airlines by opening the Allegiant website and then navigate to the “My Trips” option.
Step 2- Enter your details to retrieve information about the flight you want to cancel.
Step 3- When selecting the ticket you want to cancel, select the option “Cancel reservation” and confirm your choice in the message that appears on the next screen.
Step 4- After pressing the “confirm” button, your reservation will be officially canceled and the refund process will begin based on the type of ticket purchase and the reserved fare.
Allegiant Airlines flight cancellation policies:
First, all Allegiant Flights customers can cancel the reservation within 24 hours of the original flight reservation and will be charged a cancellation fee, regardless of the fare selected. Checked that the ticket was bought a week or more before departure.
- Basic economy class tickets
Cancellation of a basic economy ticket is restricted on Allegiant Flights unless it is made within 24 hours of the time it was purchased and a week or more prior to the original departure date of the flight.
- Non-refundable tickets
A cancellation fee penalty will be imposed if ticket cancellation is requested after 24 hours from the original flight reservation. You then have to pay a cancellation fee of $ 200 on domestic flights and up to $ 400 for international flights, depending on the fare class.
Upon payment of the cancellation fee, you can apply any unused value from your ticket to future travel on Allegiant Airlines. The following condition must be met. You must board the new flight with Allegiant within one year of the original reservation cancellation and the original ticket was canceled prior to the departure of the first flight.
- Refundable tickets
As the name suggests, refundable tickets can be canceled at any time prior to the flight departure. The refund will then be issued to the original form of payment. If it is a credit card, the refund is processed in 7 days. The refund amount will be reflected on the statement within 1-2 billing cycles.
- Award tickets
Allegiant Airline cancellation policies vary for award tickets purchased based on customer categories. The fee for canceling an award ticket and earning miles to redeposit may vary depending on the customer’s status level with Allegiant Flights.
If you cancel your flight within 60 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is $ 125 for General Members, $ 100 for Silver Members, $ 75 for Gold Members, $ 50 for Platinum Members, and $ 0 for Members 1K. If you cancel the flight 61 days or more prior to departure, the fee charged is $ 75 for General Members, $ 50 for Silver Members, $ 25 for Gold Members, and $ 0 for Platinum and 1K Members.
In case of a no-show for flight departure, you must pay $ 125 to have the miles reinstated, regardless of status level.
For same-day award ticket changes, Allegiant Airline also charges a $ 75 cancellation fee for Silver and general members. But for Elite members on the Gold level or higher the fee will not apply.
Some Points on Allegiant Airlines Refund Policy
- Not all refunds will be for the full amount, it will depend on many factors and conditions that Allegiant Airlines will examine and then return your refund accordingly.
- Allegiant Airlines refund policy will take 20 business days from the day refunds are requested, except when using credit cards to purchase airline tickets.
Most searched keywords
- Allegiant flight cancellation policies
- Credit for cancellation policies of Allegiant airlines
- Allegiant airline flight cancellation policies
- Allegiant Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy
- What are the cancellation policies of Allegiant Airlines?
- Allegiant flight reservation with mileage cancellation policies
- The telephone number for the cancellation policies of Allegiant Airlines
- Allegiant airline flight ticket cancellation policy
- Allegiant Airlines International Flight Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Flight ticket cancellation policy
- Allegiant airline canceled flight policy
- Allegiant Airlines 24-hour flight cancellation policy
- Allegiant Basic Economy Flight Cancellation Policy
- Military Allegiant Airlines cancellation policies
- Allegiant Airlines flight cancellation policy
- Allegiant Airline Award Ticket Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant airline cancellation policies for award travel