Look, sometimes you will feel as if your router needs to restart. To perform this operation, you will disconnect it from the power supply or simply restart it through the phone.
You have the option to control all aspects of the network from the phone. This is useful when you have configured several Google WiFi support units on the network.
If something goes wrong with any of the Wi-Fi, then the best thing you can do is; Turn that network off and on by disconnecting all devices. If you do it manually, you must turn off the Wi-Fi in each room by unplugging the power adapter. Have you ever tried to avoid this cumbersome task? If not, we want to mention here that a device power cycle can be performed from the phone if the Google Wi-Fi application is installed on it.
If you really want to reset your Google WiFi settings, install the application on your smartphone and scroll down to the last option. From here, you can open “Advanced Controls” of your Wi-Fi.
- Go to the “Network and general” tab. The network section is at the top of the page, where you will find the “Wi-Fi Points” option.
- The second option is “Restart network”. Click to continue. You will find a warning message on the screen that says: “Your device will disconnect for a few minutes.” Then wait a few minutes.
- This is how you can restart your Google Wi-Fi from a smartphone. Now let’s discuss the steps to create and use family tags in Google Wi-Fi.
- Google W-fi includes some practical tools that can be used to manage the home network. One of them is its ability to create labels from groups. You can pause or start any device immediately through it.
- To use this feature, you again need a Google WiFi Login application on your phone. Scroll down to click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Family Wi-Fi” followed by a small tag at the bottom.
- You will find a screen in which the guided instructions are given. Click “Next” to read the next step. You can use “Children” or the name of a family member in this section.
- After entering the name, go to the next step where you need to add the devices to the group. Here, you should pay close attention because any individual device, if lost by chance or mistakenly intercepted by Google Wi-Fi, can cause a serious problem.
- After selecting the correct devices, go to the next page. You will find the devices added in the group called “Family”. You can start or stop any device in this group.
- If you want to remove or add any new device to this group, you can do so simply by clicking on the upper right corner of the screen. Here you will find a detailed list of devices. To pause any specific device in the group, simply click on that device and open the “Dropdown” menu.