Google Chrome is a very popular browser that offers many features. Many people use Chrome, especially on Windows devices. However, it does not have the feature to disable or enable the description or caption and if in case you are wondering how to do this, read on.
How to Disable or Enable Closed Captioning in Google Chrome
- Include caption in the video
If you want to switch subtitles in a video, then you must follow the instructions below:
- You must first open Google Chrome on your device.
- You should then play the video on YouTube.
- When you see the “CC” icon, click it.
- Click the icon again to turn it off.
- Toggle Caption on YouTube or Google Account
Follow the instructions below to include caption to your YouTube or Google Account:
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your device.
- Then open the YouTube Account Settings screen.
- Scroll to the left menu and select “Play.”
- Check the “Always show subtitles” box if you want to include each video. But if you want to turn it on, turn it off.
- If you want to view automatic subtitles on videos that are not given to them, check the “Show automatic speech recognition” checkbox.
- When you are happy with the changes, click on “Save”.
- Include caption on your iOS device
If you want to toggle caption on your iOS device, you need to follow the instructions below:
- Start running YouTube and play the video you want on your iOS device.
- Then you have to tap the vertical menu ellipse icon.
- Now go to the “CC” icon, touch the title and tap it again to switch it off.
- Turn on subtitles on your Android device
Follow the instructions below to toggle caption on Android devices:
- To get started, go to YouTube.
- You should then play the video you want.
- You should touch the Menu icon to enable subtitle.
- Tap again to turn it off.
- Alternative options
- To get started, open YouTube on your device.
- Go to the account icon.
- Select the “Your Channel” option.
- Then touch the vertical ellipse icon.
- Then open the menu and select the Settings option.
- Select the “Name” button next to the bottom of the list.
- You must move the “Captions” switch to the “On” position.
- Now touch it again to turn off titles.
- Manage captions on TV and game consoles
If you want to manage subtitles on your TV and game consoles, you must follow the instructions below.
- First and foremost, go to YouTube on your device.
- Then you should go to the viewing screen, switch device controls.
- Select “More options.”
- After that you need to click on the option “CC”.
- Tap on titles to turn it on and tap again to turn it off.
- Disable caption size and style on your computer
You need to know how to disable the size and style of the caption on your computer. Follow the instructions below.
- Open Google Chrome on your device.
- You should play the video.
- Then click on Settings.
- Select the “CC” icon.
- Click the “Options” tab.
- Make the changes you want.
- Customize caption on your iOS device
If you want to personalize caption on your iOS device, you need to follow the instructions below:
- First, you need to navigate YouTube on your iOS device.
- You need to select the settings.
- Touch General.
- Select Accessibility.
- Select Media.
- Subtitles and subtitles should be selected.
- Touch Style and Change font style and size.
- Now select “Create New Style” if you want to resize, fonts and colors.