Each new technology has its advantages and disadvantages. There are only some who work flawlessly without blame. Every new launch could be a problem or another. Studies show that many people complain about the issue related to a Google drive that the Google Drive file stream not working. This is a common problem faced by many Google Drive users. There are simple solutions to this issue and the recommended steps have been described in this post when the users have an issue as Google Drive file stream is not shown. These are simple methods that can be implemented by any user, you just need to follow them precisely to avoid data loss.
What is Google Drive File Streaming?
This is an advanced technique to synchronize the files with server data. This desktop application is used to quickly access the drive data on demand. By doing this you can save your data online and successfully save some space throughout your system. It automatically detects and saves the changes done with the data. The approach may decide the issue of Google drive file stream not working issue. To do this, follow the points below.
- First, the Windows computer uninstalls the drive. This stops the syncing process of Google Drive. Make sure to remove all the files before moving forward.
- After that, open Google Drive in Chrome and check that all the files in Google Drive are present.
- Then free your computer by deleting the files in the folder.
- Now install the Google file stream on your Windows or Mac system.
- Subsequently, access all the files on the system.
Reasons for Google Drive file stream not working problem
- Files cannot be synced between your computer and Google My Drive.
- Backup and sync process stuck on “Preparing for sync.”
- Backup and sync operation stops instantaneously.
- Execution permission: No longer allowed to view the file.
- This file is a link to a web-based Google document and it cannot be changed.
- This file is missing from your system.
- This file points to a defective Google document and the original file is missing.
Effective tricks to solve Google drive file stream not working
Here are the simple instructions that you can use to get rid of the Google Drive file stream not working problem. Follow them from the list below:
Method 1: Upgrading the streaming system
The simple method that always works to fix Google Drive file stream not working issues. You can request to configure some settings to make the syncing process easier. This is a simple and secure trick to solve the problem.
Method 2: Removing the old upgraded version
When we upgrade the older version, there are some issues with the current Windows PC. It may also be possible that the older version is now incompatible with the current Windows computer. Try to fix the Google Drive file stream not working issues by removing the older version or by upgrading it with the new version.
Method 3: By saving the Google Drive Stream files offline
The files are stored in a separate volume while using the Google Drive stream and can only be downloaded on demand. This way, you can operate the data without connecting to the Internet. It allows the person to save the data files locally over the computer. Here are the steps to perform this method.
- Go to the Google Drive File Stream from the left panel of the File Explorer window.
- Then, click the My Drive option to launch all the stored files and folders.
- Now right-click on any file or folder and choose Drive File Stream -> Available Offline.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I restart Google Drive File Stream?
- Click on the Start button on Windows machine
- Next, search for the program “Google Drive File Stream” or “Drive File Stream”
- Then, click on the program
- Here, you need to wait 20 seconds as Google Drive File Stream will reload to allow access to your files again.
Is it possible to sync Google Drive with multiple computers?
Yes, if you install Google Drive on multiple machines, it is possible to sync the “Google Drive” file from the same account across multiple computers.
What is the Google Drive file stream?
There is a new version to sync files with server data. It’s a desktop-based application to access Google Drive data on demand. The changes located on the machine are automatically updated on the cloud.
How to get Google Drive file streaming not syncing issue?
- Upgrade File Streaming Service
- Delete the old upgrade version
- Download Google File Stream files offline
Technology is changing from day to day and it is not as easy to keep track of every new technology launched by big brands like Google. Even many of the IT experts and professionals search it online to fix Google Drive file stream not working error. So I have mentioned all the basic and simple methods to get rid of this problem and now it’s up to you to follow the given steps correctly and without losing any data.