HP Printer not connecting to wifi and the HP printer continues to lose wifi, which is two separate issues. If you are working with an HP printer that will not connect to your computer via a wireless network error, find the solution in this guide. The first thing to do is to check the documentation that came with your printer and follow the instructions for connecting to the network.
The troubleshooting for this issue varies depending on the type of printer you have and the type of computer that you are associated with. The process of setting up a printer on a wireless network varies slightly from printer to printer, and the repair of the problem varies depending on whether you were previously connected without a problem or if you were having problems with the initial setup.
HP Printer not connecting to wifi? — Know what to do next
When your HP printer is not connected to wifi, here are some basic steps to perform before troubleshooting:
- Turn off the printer from the power button at the top and disconnect the power cords from the back end.
- Remove the printer’s power cord connected to the router.
- Turn off your devices, such as your computer, laptop, or laptop.
- Also, power cycle your wireless router.
- After 30 seconds or when the router is fully ready, reconnect the power cord.
- Later, turn on your device like a computer and after it is fully connected, connect the power cord to the printer.
- Check for a problem with the HP printer paper jam, if the machine is not working properly.
- Note: Steps 1 through 6 help remove all previous print jobs that hinder wifi printer connection.
- Also, make sure that the HP printer and a device such as computers are connected to the same network.
- Keep the printer device 5 feet from the router to improve printer connectivity.
- Make sure that there are no radio waves emitting devices such as a microwave, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, or a wireless alarm near the printer or vice versa.
- Otherwise, disable the firewall or other security software that will not allow the printer to connect to wifi.
- Most importantly, check and update the printer driver from a trusted source.
- Finally, make sure that the printer drivers you install or update are compatible with your HP DeskJet or LaserJet device.
Now, try connecting your HP printer to the Internet.