Many mistakes are made every time a plane ticket is booked and an incorrect name is entered. It is a very common thing among passengers that it always affects their travel plans because they are not allowed to travel with a ticket that mentions an incorrect name. In such conditions, each passenger looks for the way to change their name on that ticket with the correct one, since most airlines offer the possibility of correcting the name and Icelandair is one of those where they can simply change their name in the ticket. Icelandair allows passengers to correct or change their incorrect name, but there are some rules and restrictions prescribed in its name change policy for passengers.
What is Icelandair’s Name Change Policy?
Did you just book your airline ticket with Icelandair to your preferred destination? But did you enter a wrong name by mistake? So don’t think about it too much, since you have the option to change your name that Icelandair gives you. But make sure you know Icelandair’s name change policy which is important to keep in mind before making a name change request and if you don’t know follow the instructions above.
Icelandair name change policy:
- You cannot change the name on your reserved airline ticket with a complete error, as you can only correct a misspelled name.
- You are allowed to correct only two or three letters in your name and you cannot change your last name or other things.
- You will be asked to pay $ 30 as a name correction fee for flight departures from the US.
- If your flight departs from other countries, it will be subject to the applicable rates according to those markets.
- Passengers are not allowed to name ticket changes or transfers.
How to change the name in Icelandair entries?
Do you want to change your name to Icelandair tickets? You can then change it online with the help of the travel management option provided by Icelandair. With Icelandair’s name change policy and the steps below, you can make corrections to the name:
- First, go to the official Icelandair website using a web browser.
- You can now click on the Manage Booking option.
- After that, you can enter the reservation number and last name in the required field.
- Now select your reservation and then find the name correction option.
- You must verify whether or not you are eligible for a name change and, if so, pay the name change fee based on your route or ticket type.
- After that, you can follow the on-screen instructions to change your name on the Icelandair flight ticket.
If you still can’t change your name on tickets, please contact the Icelandair customer service team where you can make instant changes to your wrong name in a very simple way. It will take a very quick time to resolve this type of query and by making a phone call, you can reach out to them for effective 24/7 assistance.