Canon printers usually accompany enterprise circles that have software drivers to help create organizations. Group drivers can be accessed similarly to the product site. Canon printer rendering takes about 10 minutes.
Typically, installing a printer on a Mac is a simple task. You should only connect the printer to your Mac, turn on the printer, and then let the Mac automatically install the printer for you.
Use System Preferences to install a Canon Printer driver on Mac
- Load the printer in ink and paper, connect the printer to your Mac using a USB cable, and then turn on the printer.
- Turn on System Preferences on your Mac by clicking its icon in Dock.
- Click the Printers and Scanners icon.
- If the printer is listed in the printer menu sidebar in the Preference pane, highlight it and look at its status. If idle is written, Mac will see the printer even though it’s not being used. You’re all set.
- If you don’t see the printer in the list, click the plus (+) button at the bottom of the printer list to add a printer.
- Select the default tab in the Add window.
- The printer should appear in the list of printers connected to your Mac. Click the printer name and fields at the bottom of the Add AutoFill window with information about the printer, including its name, location, and the driver that Mac automatically determines.
- By default, Mac automatically selects the driver. If your Mac can find a suitable driver for your printer, it displays the name of the driver.
- If your Mac can’t find a suitable driver, click the “Use” drop-down menu and choose “Choose Programs” from the drop-down menu. Scroll through the list of available printer drivers to see if a program is compatible with your printer. If not, try using a generic driver if available. Select the driver from the list and click OK.
- Click the Add button to complete the installation.
Install Canon Printer driver on Mac through wireless connection-
- After unboxing the printer try to insert cartridges.
- Turn on your printer.
- In the Preferences option, select Add Printer.
- Once you see the printer in the list, select it and press Next.
- The printer is not in the list, then visit canon.com/ijsetup.
- Download and update the latest drivers for Canon Printer.
- Open the downloaded setup file and select the Install printer with the wireless connection.
- Click on all positive responses such as Accept, Yes and Continue.
- The setting will give you the option of pressing the WPS button.
- Locate and press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- Now press the OK button on the printer within two minutes.
- It will connect the printer to your MAC computer.
- Verify that the printer is connected to the print test and enjoy printing.