iTunes 3194 error sometimes occurs when you upgrade or downgrade your iOS devices. The problem seems to be occurring because iTunes cannot communicate with Apple update servers. Sometimes jailbreak, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch settings must modify the host file. Then it will block from the apple server (due to modifying the server’s IP address). Some jailbreak modifications caused an error while updating the old iOS system or restoring the iOS process.
Possible causes for iTunes Error 3194 while restoring or updating iPhone / iPad
- Your iTunes cannot connect to the Apple software update server. This could be either due to a blocked connection, system security software, or any new entry in the host file.
- The version of iOS that you install or upgrade to is no longer a digital website by Apple.
- I used the jailbreak tool to modify my iPhone or iPad. Disk jailbreak modifies the host file and blocks Apple servers. This causes problems when you later try to update iOS to the latest version or restore from a backup, by giving an iTunes 3194 error.
How to fix iTunes 3194 error
In this article, we include 4 ways to fix this issue, after which you will be able to use your favorite media player normally again.
Method 1. Check your host files
Step 1: Download iTunes to Mac / Windows PC.
Step 2: Open the hosts file with admin rights:
- For Windows: c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ etc \ hosts
- For Mac: Go to this path: / ect / hosts
Step 3: Find the entry for gs.apple.com 18.104.22.168. This redirects signature verification to Cydia servers. It is the presence or absence of this directive that causes the error. What you do next depends on whether or not you can find this line:
- If you have 22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com at the bottom of the file, add “#” to the front.
- If you don’t have the line, add gs.apple.com 126.96.36.199 to the bottom of the host’s file.
Now, save the hosts file and try to update your iPhone through iTunes. In most cases, the error should not appear now.
Method 2: Force iTunes to quit and restart the computer
Step 1: Right-click on the iTunes icon, then select Force iTunes.
Step 2: Click on the Apple menu in the upper right corner and then select Restart.
Step 3: Now, restart your computer, start iTunes and start your business again.
Method 3: iTunes update
Ensure that the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer. Old version of iTunes may be causing an issue. Therefore, upgrade it to the latest version and try to accomplish your mission.
Method 4: Disable TCP / IP filtering, firewall, or security software
If there is no entry in the hosts’ file for “gs.apple.com” and you continue to experience iTunes Error 3194, then you need to disable firewall or antivirus software on your computer, iTunes may prevent connection to Apple servers.
- Temporarily uninstall the security software. You can contact your internet service provider for further assistance.
- Try to bypass your router on the Internet. Some routers tend to prevent iTunes from accessing the update server.
- Just disconnect from the wired or wireless router. Then try using an Ethernet cable to connect the computer directly to the modem. Restart the computer and modem.
You can now successfully resolve iTunes 3194 error while restoring or updating iPhone either by checking system host files or by using the correct firmware version
Although very rare cases occur, however, if you are unable to fix the error in these ways, the last alternative that you can choose is the factory reset of the iOS device. But remember to take a backup of all your data before performing a factory reset.