You know how irritating it is to get an error on your Android device. I have encountered the same situation many times. Every time I want to urgently download a new application from the store, Google Play Services continues to stop the problem that appears on the screen. You simply cannot install any new applications and sometimes even existing applications do not work.
I’m sure you came here because you faced the same problem. You may have done everything you know to overcome this technical threat that tied your hands. Do not worry! It is the right place for you.
How to fix Google Play Services has stopped the error?
You should know that years of experience and hours of research are required to create this article. So, thank you for sharing this article on social media with your friends. Here, you will get multiple solutions for the Google Play Services error. Check each one of them and I am sure that your search will cease at once.
What are Google Play services?
I am sure that most of you do not know what it is. Due to the fact that it does not work in the foreground, you can even perceive it as an unwanted item that consumes the storage space on your device. No, it is not!
When you open the application, you see nothing. However, you should know that it is the heartbeat of an Android smartphone. Google has incorporated Play Services into each phone to help update the application. For example, you could not have received updates for Maps periodically without our application under discussion.
In summary, Play Services is an API application that facilitates the communication and update of the application.
Solve the problem of Google Play services that does not work
What are you facing? Can’t you make any app work? Or maybe when you try to update them, you still receive error messages. I know how it feels. And I’m not going to stretch the article anymore. You will never receive Google Play services for instant applications that have stopped the error.
Here you see multiple solutions. Just try to do each of them step by step. Before entering them, try restarting your device. (In case you discover that it never worked, continue with the solutions provided below)
Solution 1: clear data and cache from Google Play services
You don’t need a technique to know that the problem occurs due to failures in Play Services. For the same reason, let’s try it. Due to the months or years of use, the application accumulated several megabytes of data and cache. We will delete them to get a completely new experience.
- First, you must open Settings. (In case you don’t know how to do it. See the list of applications. Or, simply display the notifications and also touch the settings icon).
- Then, scroll down a bit to find Applications. There you will see one called Google Play Services, select it.
- You will see a screen like an image shown below. As a person who has problems with services, you must select Storage from there.
- We should delete data and cache. To delete the data, click on Manage space. There are three options available there. For most people, the second is empty. Therefore, you can try pressing the Clear all data button at the bottom.
- To clear the cache, return and tap the Clear cache button. There you go.
Solution 2: reinstall Google Play services
Perhaps, you have not obtained the previous solution to work that needs another solution. How about installing the application again? Well, many people have fixed the Google services framework that has stopped the error using this simple technique.
- You must first disable the Android device manager. Go to Settings >> Security >> Device Administrators. You can turn it off immediately.
- Now is the time of the central step. Follow Settings >> Applications >> Google Play services.
- Most likely, you will see a button labeled Uninstall updates. Hit it with that.
- Now that you have returned it to the basic version, you will have to update it. Access the Play Store, search for Google Play services and there you have it.
Solution 3: Delete and add your Google account
Most likely, you have overcome the problem. In case you have not done so, it is possible that you, unfortunately, fix it, Google Play Services has stopped working with an error deleting and adding your account again.
- Go to Settings >> Accounts. You will see all accounts connected to the device there.
- You must choose Google from the list there since we don’t want to delete anything else.
- Touch the three points given in the upper right corner. You will get the option Delete account there.
- Once you touch it, you will be asked to confirm your decision.
- For an Android device to work without Play not working, you must add a Google account. At this time, your device has none. Therefore, follow the same path (Settings >> Accounts) to add.
Solution 4: Reset application preferences
What happens if the three solutions I have listed above do not work on your device? Do not worry! We have some more to rescue you from the Google Play Services update error.
Here, you will reset your application preferences. And, it is not a Herculean task. Let’s take a look at the necessary steps.
- As always, you must open Settings. Scroll down to see the Applications menu (or Applications).
- You will get a list of applications then. No, you should not open any.
- What you have to do is touch the three points given in the upper right corner of the screen.
- There are two options; Show system applications and Reset application preferences. You know which one you should choose. Yes, the second.
Solution 5: Update your firmware
I hope you have a moderate speed internet connection. If you do, not updating your phone’s firmware to the latest version is a sin. In case you don’t have a decent speed connection, you should spend some time in a cafeteria, train station or airport (free internet, you know that!).
- As the main step to resolve Google Play Services continues to fail, you must open the Settings.
- Scroll down to see the system update menu. The label may vary from one manufacturer to another.
- There you go! By clicking on it, the latest updates will be searched and will be displayed, if applicable. Just keep it up.
Solution 6: Restart in safe mode
You can use the safe mode to verify if any third-party application hinders the proper functioning of your device. Yes, you may have seen this on the computer. How can you take advantage of the safe mode to repair Google Play services? Keep reading to find out.
You know the phone’s power button, right? It is the one that presses to turn the device on and off. You have to press it.
As you can see, most phones show two options when you press the power button; Shut down and restart. Press and hold the power off option.
You will see a dialog box asking you whether or not you want to start in safe mode. Press OK
When the device starts, verify that the device still has a problem. If not, you can understand that a third-party application is causing the problem. You can uninstall the recently installed application and it will probably eliminate the problem.
Solution 7: Factory reset
We have reached the final answer to the question of how to solve Google Play Services for instant applications. Do not implement this first on your device. In case half a dozen solutions given above do not come to your rescue, you can go to this one.
You know what a factory reset does. Bring your phone to the initial state ready to use. Of course, you lose almost all the data (sometimes you may have the option to choose) that you fed. For the same reason, you will have to back up all your information using a suitable application.
Let’s take a look at the steps necessary for factory reset.
Go to Settings and scroll to the bottom. Most manufacturers have kept the Backup and reset option below all.
You have some options here. Choose Factory data reset.
Some original equipment manufacturers give you a checkbox to select whether the data will be deleted or not. At the bottom, you can see the Reset phone button. Is that what you want.
You have more than half a dozen solutions. Did you try to implement any of those on your phone? I recommend that you pass each one by one. Also, take a look at the storage of your device too. Keep at least 10% of internal storage always free to have a smooth Android experience. Do not forget to share this article with your friends. Unfortunately, Google Play Services may have stopped working error messages from time to time.